Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Humble beginnings

After looking for several hours on the interweb for blogs, websites etc about sisters of battle I was left disappointed that the community for this brilliant army is actually so small and unfortunately very inactive online.

I have thus decided to add my own 2 cents to the Internet and created my small part of what I hope will be a large community eventually.

A little bit about me:

When I started playing Warhammer 40k a few years ago, I originally begun with a Chaos Space Marine army. I got into the fluff of it and after reading the Fulgim novel, I set out on expending my army into an Emperor's Children army. I eventually ended up owning over 8000 points of Chaos Space Marines.

For awhile I had been looking at the blister boxes of Sororitas and eventually cracked with the idea in mind of turning them to Slaanesh's service. Once home I put the box on a shelve and has days passed I ended up regretting my decision since the idea, while great sounding at first, was certainly not anything new.

Months went by and eventually I got bored of playing my chaos marines. While bored and cleaning up I inadvertently found that sister of battle box, dusted it off and decided to read on the fluff.

I immediately fell in love with the background and the creative opportunities that were being opened to me. After looking through the codex for color schemes, I settled on the colors for the Order of the Bloody Rose. After searching for more information regarding the Order, I found out that not much was written about it. The order was created to honor the martyrdom of Mina.

This left me with many creative opportunities and I decided to take them, creating my own branch of the order located on a yet to be named planet.

As of now I possess 115 witchhunter models, 5 immolators/rhino and 3 Exorcists. I prefer playing in the 2500 bracket, but I can field a 3000 points army with a few extra options.

Sadly, while I consider myself a decent painter, I am also a lazy one so I would deem only ~25% of my army as currently painted.

After much rambling I will cut this first post short. I originally created this blog to allow my imagination to flow as I came up with the lore concerning my branch.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment